Saturday, July 30, 2011

Something I wrote on this sunny sunday morning.

BEING HERE

The sun glows a pastel yellow and lets out a beam of warmth on an otherwise grey July in winter.
There’s a soft wind that makes the trees sigh and my hair drift across my face.
It’s a perfect day nestled conveniently amongst the middle of the winter months.
The low flying planes create a hum above the otherwise undisturbed setting.
I sit on this day near my home in Melbourne, but my thoughts are on London.
I often feel nostalgic for the city I once lived. The brown brick houses and rows of chimneystacks as I’m whirring past at 8am on a packed train. It clacks along the railway tracks that criss cross the city on a dull red London morning.
I miss the bustle of people and the frantic, excitement that slips through every narrow street of the great city. But then I sit here, in Melbourne, on a beautiful, warm, winters day and things start to become clearer.
I remember those frantic London mornings and fast paced nights, and here in my new home I am faced with something different. Warmth, freedom and space.
Only now can I really appreciate how lovely it is to have time. Time to sit by a fresh water pond and listen to the frogs sing.
Time to Idly watch the shapes playing across the surface of the water. Time to reflect on an old life. And time to imagine a new one.
By Donna Sadler


No comments:

Post a Comment